Wednesday 29 June 2016

#artistchallenge Day 4

A few months ago I found a company called Visible Image who make some fab stamps. Today I'm sharing a door hanger I made using one of their stamps which is a great set for teenagers!



After applying a coat of gesso I painted the door hanger with blue acrylic paint. The hash tags were made with a bamboo skewer while the paint was still wet. I didn't have any black texture paste so I mixed some black acrylic paint with white texture paste & brushed through a spots stencil.
I managed to ink the stamp in 2 colours by inking up very carefully with a red mini ink pad first then inking the rest of the stamp with black! The image was stamped onto white cardstock, fussy cut then glued onto the hanger. I drew round the images in black marker to make them stand out.



Thanks for popping by & take care.

Tam x

Supplies
Stamp: Visible Image "Teenage Kicks"
White gesso, blue acrylic paint, black acrylic paint
Chipboard door hanger
That's Crafty - Dinky stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment